Living in a small house has become more common in the last few years. There are many benefits of owning a small house, but first, you will need to have all the facts right that you do need it.
There are many benefits of having to stay in a small house which you cannot overlook. These are:
- Small houses are affordable to either build or buy or rent. It is because they have less space and take fewer materials to build.
- If you are living in a small space as a family, there will be plenty of bonding time. It is because most of the time you will all be together in a small space.
- There will be fewer bills to pay as well. Most of the utilities will be shared such as electricity. There will also be fewer electronics running at any one time such as showers, music systems or television. Also, there is less water use in activities such as cleaning the house.
- It is easy to understand and relate that since the house is small, so will be the care and maintenance activities you will have to pay. There is less of everything therefore even the damages will be less.
- In such a house, you cannot afford to live an extravagant kind of life. You will have less furniture and electronics, therefore, will force you to lead a simple lifestyle, one that does not have many complications.
- It is easy to move when the times comes because you have fewer things to pack and carry.
- In some cases, when the house is too small, you will not be required to pay property taxes, and this is a good thing for you.
Types of small houses
There are two types of small houses:
They come attached to a trailer bed complete with wheels and a hitch tow and designed in such a way that you can move with them when the need arises.
These types of houses measure less than 400 square feet. They can have different designs which provide an exceptional living experience for you.
When not to buy or build a small house
There are times that a small house would not be appropriate for you. These instances are:
- If you have a large family, then you need a large house where they will all be comfortable. In this case, forget about the small house.
- If you are the type of person who likes their privacy and personal space, then forget about the small house and go for a big one.
- Small houses appreciate at a much slower rate because their demand is less. Therefore if you want to invest in a property that appreciates fast, the go for a big house.
- If you have plenty of house furniture, them a small house would not be ideal. This one only is appropriate for those who have fewer things to carry with them.